UR30Ⓡ copper alloy wire and mesh for applications in aquaculture
As a result of major investments in research and development, our Brass Rods & Tubes Plant has lately started to produce wires used for the manufacture of mesh for aquaculture applications. The mesh is made of UR30Ⓡ copper alloy.
The UR30Ⓡ copper alloy wire with a copper content over 60%, preserves all the properties of copper; it is an environmentally friendly material, antifouling, antimicrobial, highly durable, corrosion resistant and 100% recyclable.
To manufacture this special wire, a brass alloy is used consisting mainly of copper, zinc and tin. The UR30Ⓡ wire, of a diameter ranging between 2mm to 6mm, is formed into a mesh by special formation machinery. The mesh consists of square openings with square side lengths ranging between 18mm and 100mm.
There are various advantages to using UR30Ⓡ copper alloy cages in aquacultures. The benefits in terms of the environment, management and production are significant and internationally acknowledged.
Benefits of UR30Ⓡ copper alloy mesh
- Prevents fish from escaping: The fact that it is a rather durable material that does not “tear” or “break” contributes to the balance of the marine fauna of the area it is installed.
- It prevents attacks from “predators”: Thanks to its durability is acts as a barrier to the attacks of large fish to fish inside the mesh.
- It prevents the use of chemical anti-fouling against bio-contamination: Its chemical composition prevents the formation of bio-contamination and for this reason no cleaning chemicals are required.
- Increases the specific growth rate (SGR) of fish
- It reduces the feed conversion rate (FCR)
- It is 100% recyclable material: At the end of the period of use, it is 100% recyclable and can be used for the production of new mesh.